At Swan Coaching, it is our core belief that an emotionally balanced and happy workforce is the key to leading edge innovation and creativity. These are fast becoming the crucial components of a thriving organisation. Working in tandem with professionals using methods such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and NLP (neuro-linguistic programming), we have studied with the global leaders of emotional physiology, optimal function, resilience and stress-management research. The Institute of HeartMath can be found at http://www.heartmath.org/
Stress seriously undermines an organisation’s ability to excel. The use of commonly employed but ineffective stress busting solutions by employees (such as substance abuse, gambling, unhealthy eating, etc) only serve to slow down responses and often lead to short, and long-term sick leave. The need to respond well to change and keep ahead of competitors is key. By learning sustainable and healthy ways of tackling stress, your business will more easily stay agile and ahead of the game.
Feel free to share these simple but effective stress busting tools with your organisation. Employ one of these tools and stress will reduce a little; employ all of them consistently and stress levels will take a nose dive, leaving employees feeling more in control and ready to tackle new challenges:
Top 5 Stress Busting Techniques:
- Breathing – breathing is always good! Deep breathing is essential. Take a few deep breaths, filling up your lungs and slowly releasing until you feel better. This technique immediately calms your nervous system and helps you focus
- Take Control – you must feel in control. Take action, however small, that helps you feel more in control. This could be as simple as saying “no”, or asking someone you trust for help
- Change States -to quote Einstein “you cannot solve a problem in the same state in which it was created”. Take a moment to take a walk, read a paragraph of a book on an unrelated topic, or if you can, take a power nap
- Pause – “Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom” ~ Victor Frankl
- Perspective – this is often what’s missing when we are stressed. When its dark, go outside and look up at the stars. By comparison our problems begin to shrink as we stare into the vastness of the Universe and realise how small they are
Swan Coaching provides targeted programmes for individuals and stress workshops that equip individuals, teams and managers with effective coping mechanisms. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Packages start from as little as £400.